How to Spot Gingivitis in Toddlers (and Find the Best Cure)
Have you noticed that your little one’s gums have been bleeding lately? It is possible that your child has gingivitis in toddlers.
Gingivitis can cause inflammation, soreness, and bleeding in the gums which can lead to more serious oral problems when left unchecked.
Fortunately, with proper oral care, such as brushing regularly with Fresh Aid natural toothpaste, and visiting your dentist regularly, gum bleeding around one tooth or even several teeth can be alleviated quickly.
Signs of Gingivitis in Toddlers
As a parent, you are probably worried about everything when it comes to your toddler. This is understandable as your child is still in their development stage and will need you to take care of them.
- Gums that are red and tender
- Receding gums
- Bleeding gums when flossing or brushing
- Bad taste or bad smell in the mouth
- Loose or even separating teeth
- Overbite or misaligned jaw
These signs and symptoms usually appear when your little one isn’t practicing proper oral care such as brushing their teeth regularly.
Is gum disease genetic? It is possible since if you have a history of diabetes, your child may have it as well which can affect their oral health.
How to Cure Gingivitis Naturally
Gingivitis in toddlers often appears when oral health care is missing. If you are wondering can gingivitis go away? Fortunately, the answer here is yes. Once you spot the early signs of gingivitis, you can use the following treatments to help your little one’s oral health become better.
- Choose the right foods. According to the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, foods like cheese, yogurt, and vegetables are just a few examples of snacks that should be given to your toddler in place of starchy and sugary foods. The latter can cause more bacteria to thrive in the mouth which can lead to plaque formation and gingivitis.
- Brush regularly. This is the best time to train your little one on the importance of brushing their teeth. For sure, you are concerned with the numerous chemical-sounding ingredients in most toothpaste products these days, but this won’t be a problem if you choose Fresh Aid Natural Toothpaste as part of your family’s oral care.
- Flossing. Another tip is to floss your child’s teeth once a day to minimize the development of plaque and to help stimulate their gums.
- Saltwater gargle. Giving your child a saltwater gargle can help reduce the swelling in their gums because salt has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties included. Make sure that your little one doesn’t swallow the concoction.
It would be better to bring your toddler to the dentist when you notice that their gum is a bit swollen or that they are showing signs and symptoms as was mentioned above for immediate treatment.
Boost Your Child’s Oral Health with Fresh Aid Natural Toothpaste
When it comes to your toddler’s oral health, you need to be careful when choosing a toothpaste for them to use, especially when their gums are a bit sensitive at the moment. That said, a good choice to improve your little one’s teeth and gums is to use Fresh Aid natural toothpaste.
This toothpaste is made from all-natural ingredients that not only help strengthen teeth and gums, but can easily fight off bacteria that cause plaque, gingivitis, and bad breath even.
Fresh Aid’s natural toothpaste is totally safe for your kids and a good choice for your child’s oral hygiene.