Types of Herbs for Bad Breath: How Powerful Are They in Relieving Bad Breath?
Bad breath can occur when you eat a strongly flavored food, or you might have missed brushing your teeth for a few days. Whatever caused it to occur, the ultimate goal is to banish it as soon as possible. The good news is that aside from brushing your teeth with natural toothpaste like Fresh Aid natural toothpaste, you can also try herbs for bad breath to help get rid of the smell that is emanating from your mouth.
Who Are More at Risk of Bad Breath
Having fetid breath is not uncommon as there are times when we have become remiss with our oral care. But there are those who are more prone to having bad breath compared to others. Here are a few to take note of:
- Smokers. Those who have been smoking cigarettes or tobacco are highly likely to have bad breath because of the nicotine in their smokes.Not only that, but it also leads to yellow teeth.
- Diabetics. Diabetics are more at risk of having bad breath because of the ketones building up. This can lead to having a fruity to bad smell coming from your mouth.
- Taking medications. Those who take prescription medications may experience dry mouth which can lead to bad breath.
Best Herbs for Bad Breath
We all know that parsley for bad breath is a quick solution to freshen your breath but there are other herbs for bad breath that you can try out as well:
- Peppermint. It has strong antiseptic properties and is effective in fighting off halitosis.
- Basil. The chlorophyll present in basil has been found to get rid of bad breath in a jiffy. You can chew on it if you are dealing with fetid breath.
- Rosemary. Rosemary is not just for seasoning food, but it can also be used as a means of fighting off bad breath.
A Must Try Natural Remedy for Fetid Breath
Are you looking for a tooth decay odor remedy? We all wish that we could keep fetid breath away from our mouth as long as possible. But between commercial mouthwashes and kinds of toothpaste that have been found to contain harsh ingredients, there is a growing need for a safer solution. Howcast shows us some home remedies to try.
- Citrus fruit
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 2 sprigs of parsley
- 2-3 cloves
Step 1: Have some citrus fruit after meals to help eliminate the smell or you can snack on citrus based fruits to help promote saliva production.
Step 2: Add 2 teaspoons of baking soda in a liter of water and gargle with it once or twice a day.
Step 3: Boil two cups of water then add 2 sprigs of parsley and 2 to 3 cloves. Stir and let them steep for about five minutes. Parsley for bad breath mixture can be used once or twice a day as a mouthwash.
Preventive Measures to Keep Bad Breath at Bay
Aside from drinking tea for bad breath, you should also learn other preventive measures that will keep the smell at bay. Here are a few that you should try.
- Brush and floss daily. Nothing beats having to brush and floss your teeth daily to keep bad breath and tooth decay at bay.
- Don’t forget your tongue. Do not forget that your tongue needs some cleaning too. Use a tongue scraper to scrape off bits of food that got left behind.
- Avoid smelly foods. Foods that have a strong taste or flavor can leave that foul smell in your mouth. Avoid them at all costs.
Choose Fresh Aid Natural Toothpaste to Keep Bad Breath at Bay
Having herbs for bad breath is one way of getting rid of the foul smell and the other is brushing your teeth regularly. And what better way to maintain your oral health than by using Fresh Aid Natural Toothpaste.
What makes this a great option to try is because it is made from natural ingredients like mastic gum, xylitol, baking soda, and aloe vera just to name a few.
Find out more about Fresh Aid Natural Toothpaste here to learn how it helps with your oral health!